Middle School Speech Writing Unit
6th - 8th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
Public speaking is so hard for my students. This product is a great introduction to public speaking and walks the students through what to do. Super helpful!
Excited to use this resource this year in grade 7. The resource is clearly laid out and easy to use.
Also included in
- Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 7 English Language Arts program. Use this all in one Grade 7 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle as your ready-to-go ELA program. The bundle contains 90+ resources for teaching Reading, Writing, SpeakiPrice $269.99Original Price $337.08Save $67.09
Middle School Speech Writing Unit | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students write an engaging and informative speech with this step-by-step scaffolded public speaking unit. This 6-lesson unit will help your middle school students write a 2 - 5 minute speech and work on their public speaking skills.
- This resource contains Google Slides™ and individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom™.
- Lesson 1 - What Is A Speech?
- Lesson 2 - What Is An Effective Speech?
- Lesson 3 - Speech Brainstorming
- Lesson 4 - Speech Writing
- Lesson 5 - Speech Revising and Practicing
- Lesson 6 - Speech Presentations
- Detailed Teacher Instructions and Unit Plan
- Scaffolded Lessons
- Graphic Organizers
- Example Speeches
- Speech Planning Booklet
- Answer Keys
- Assessment Options (Levels or Points)
- Individual PDFs
- Google Slides
- “Public speaking is so hard for my students. This product is a great introduction to public speaking and walks the students through what to do. Super helpful!”
- “Excited to use this resource this year in grade 7. The resource is clearly laid out and easy to use.”
- “This resource is good for supply plans as it is straightforward for both students and teacher.”
- Internet is required to access online speech video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom compatible PDFs included
Included with rubric
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and communicative tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.
Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.