This is an activity set designed with middle schoolers who have language impairments in mind. Asking and answering questions is an important skill for both functional and academic communication, so knowing what question word to use across situations is vital! This packet aims to reinforce the meaning of WH questions. Included:
- Sorting cards (10 per question) --- sort answers to WH question by the question they most likely answer --- expand it by encouraging students to generate the WH question that produced the answer on the sorting cards!
- Choose the Question Word Worksheet (3) --- a fill-in-the-blank worksheet for students to provide the question word that best completes the sentence
- Give Me the Right Answer Worksheet (3) ---- an answer bank of answers to WH questions is provided to answer a variety of WH questions
- WH Question Sticky Note Answers --- Two examples for each WH question are provided, students write their answers on sticky notes and place it on the stimulus page. Then, take turns discussing the answers as a group!
- Draw Your Own WH Question --- Each WH question is briefly described according to the answer required. Students then draw an example of an answer for each WH question
- Write About It --- Two writing prompts are provided to have students think about times that they or someone else has used question vocabulary incorrectly and the consequences of the mistake. This could also be used as a discussion prompt!
You can also see this product on my blog at: