Also included in
- This bundle of high school art lessons includes a wide variety of materials to use in the high school art class. They can all be taught via distance learning or in the classroom. It comes with a suggested sequence for an Introduction to Art Curriculum with suggestions for modifying lessons accordi$150.00$201.25Save $51.25
- This is a great bundle of worksheets to have in any middle school or high school art classroom. There are 36 worksheets and 3 handouts. They can be emailed to students as attachments or shared through Google Classroom. They are perfect for art sub plans or to use for introducing various drawing t$24.00$27.25Save $3.25
- This high school drawing sequence is great for distance learning or working in the classroom. It breaks down shading and learning how to see and record value into small digestible parts. It is perfect for beginners with any level of interest. It begins with quick simple worksheets that get studen$28.00$36.00Save $8.00
- These middle or high school art lessons can be taught in the classroom or via distance learning. They all can be done with simple materials found at home. Each lesson contains a video demonstration and or a Google Slides presentation outlining the steps and demonstrating how to complete the projec$59.00$71.50Save $12.50
- This middle or high school art lesson drawing bundle is great for teaching value and shading in the classroom or via distance learning. It is a great addition to your middle or high school art curriculum. It contains a Google Slides version and PDF version of the art project. Each lesson conta$10.00$12.00Save $2.00
- These ready-to-go art lessons are a great addition to any middle school art or high school art curriculum. These drawing and design lessons can be modified or adapted for a variety of different levels of art abilities.. They are great for beginner, intermediate, or advanced artists and can be taug$65.00$86.00Save $21.00
- This high school art curriculum bundle contains everything you need to teach your beginner through advanced high school art classes. All of the lessons are ready to go and easy to follow. The slideshows, videos, and worksheets are easy for students to access and they love being able to refer bac$220.00$295.25Save $75.25
- This Beginner Drawing Visual Art Curriculum is perfect for any Introduction to Art or Art 1 Class. It is excellent for middle or high school art classes or your homeschool art curriculum. It will save you tons of time and contains everything you need to teach your students the fundamentals of art$130.00$167.00Save $37.00
- This high school art lesson mega bundle was created by customer request. It contains EVERYTHING in my store as of 9/9/2022 . Everything you need to teach any beginner through advanced middle or high school art class is all here and ready to go. Enhance your art curriculum and save time creating s$370.00$465.50Save $95.50
This value and shading art lesson is a great addition to your middle school art or high school art curriculum. It can be used year after year as in introduction to shading and value lesson or as a quick review. Students learn beginner shading techniques and draw simple geometric shapes using the reference images on the worksheets. Keeping the forms small and easy helps beginner artists isolate the new drawing skill and builds confidence fast. Students love this lesson and it really builds the foundation for drawing more complex forms and gives them confidence from the start. The drawings can be done in graphite pencil on the worksheets, in a sketchbook, or as a final project on a drawing paper.
Included is an instructional handout and three drawing and shading practice worksheets. Each art worksheet has a corresponding drawing video demonstration that shows how to complete the lesson. Students simply click the link on the assignment or scan the worksheet with any device and they can access the videos at any time.
This art lesson stresses the importance of building up value slowly, looking closely at the reference photo to compare values, noticing the edges where one value meets another, and not using outline. Students shade shapes with even tones. It is the perfect first step before learning how to create transitions of value. They learn good habits such as continually looking at the reference and making sure you are shading the correct value. It points out common beginner mistakes and teaches students self awareness, what to look for, and how to really observe the image.
If you like this lesson it is also offered in my Shading Bundle which includes a follow up activity that teachers students how to create transitions of value
Need an Easy to Follow Art Sub Plan?
The included worksheets work great as sub plans, early finisher assignments, for students on home instruction or in ISS. They are easy to follow with the linked videos and are easy for substitute teachers or self directed learning when the art teacher is unavailable.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready to go, easy to follow, timesaving art lessons in my TPT SHOP.
You may also like:
- Digital Portfolio for Student Artwork
- Middle or High School Art Project Bundle
- Beginner Line Drawing Art Project Bundle for Middle or High School
Having difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
• Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources & sales.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!