This resource includes a variety of activities to help your students improve their ability to recognize and distinguish middle vowel sounds in CVC words. Have fun cutting, pasting, coloring, writing and reading! There are some easier tasks, as well as more challenging ones. I differentiate in my classroom and find that there is enough material here to differentiate three ways.
The activities that are included are as follows:
1) Color the correct middle vowel sound for each word and write it in the box.
2) Cut and paste the missing vowel sounds in the words. Use the pictures to help you.
3) Write the missing middle vowel sounds in the CVC words, then sort them by vowel sound into the boxes provided.
4) Write the missing middle vowel sounds in the CVC words, then cut and paste the matching picture for each word into the boxes.
5) Read the short sentences and write the missing CVC words into the boxes, then draw a line to connect each sentence to the correct picture.
6) Read the story and fill in the missing CVC words, using the pictures to help you. Afterwards, read the comprehension questions and draw a line to connect them with the correct answer.
Have fun learning together!
All Rights Reserved