Also included in
- This High School Art Lesson bundle contains four lessons that focus on how to use positive and negative space in drawing and design, shading, mixing color, and drawing ellipses. Each lesson can be shared digitally with your students and contains either a PowerPoint or video demonstration, reference$23.00$27.00Save $4.00
- These two art lessons are good for high school or middle school art classes. They teach students how to draw and shade ellipses in perspective. The video demonstrations, presentations, handouts, and worksheets can be shared with your students via Google Classroom. The first cross contour project$10.00$12.00Save $2.00
- This bundle of high school art lessons includes a wide variety of materials to use in the high school art class. They can all be taught via distance learning or in the classroom. It comes with a suggested sequence for an Introduction to Art Curriculum with suggestions for modifying lessons accordi$150.00$201.25Save $51.25
- This bundle of middle or high school art lessons works great for distance learning or in class teaching. It contains all of the lessons in my shop as of 7/21/2020. All of my lessons are created so you can share them with students through Google Classroom. The presentations are all in a shareable$220.00$295.25Save $75.25
This middle or high school art drawing and shading ellipses project can be shared digitally through Google Classroom or any digital platform. It is a great for distance learning or as an in class project. Students learn how to draw with graphite and build up value slowly.
This Drawing and Shading Ellipses Project contains:
- Teacher instructions with a link to a complete Google Slide Presentation. This one presentation has links to the video demonstration, practice worksheets, reference images, and rubrics. This makes sharing digitally with students so easy. You only need to copy one link and they can access all of the resources from one place.
- A video demonstration that shows a drawing from start to finish highlighting important aspects of shading white on white objects and creating depth using value.
- 23 reference photos to draw from
- A practice worksheet with hints and tips to shade the cup and build value gradually.
- A worksheet that covers value and shading form to create depth and dimension.
- A digital rubric for easy grading
This resource is a great follow up lesson to the cross contour ellipse drawing lesson. The reference photos were taken by me and contain simple white forms containing ellipses with a white background. They vary in complexity and are great for teaching many different levels of ability. They are divided into four quadrants which can be divided further if needed to break the image down into easier to draw shapes. This is a great way for students to learn how value defines edges of objects and practice layering and blending to create depth and dimension in their work. The video is just under ten minutes and is sped up, cut, and edited so students see the drawing happen from start to finish. It highlights common mistakes and shows how layering graphite or charcoal creates smooth realistic looking form.
The only materials needed for this project are paper, pencils or charcoal pencils, a pencil sharpener and an eraser. Blending stumps are optional.
Need an Easy to Follow Art Sub Plan?
The included worksheets work great as sub plans, early finisher assignments, for students on home instruction or in ISS. They are easy to follow with the linked videos and are easy for substitute teachers or self directed learning when the art teacher is unavailable.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready to go, easy to follow, timesaving art lessons in my TPT SHOP.
You may also like:
- Digital Portfolio for Student Artwork
- Middle or High School Art Project Bundle
- Beginner Line Drawing Art Project Bundle for Middle or High School
Having difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
• Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources & sales.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!