Also included in
- This Beginner Drawing Visual Art Curriculum is perfect for any Introduction to Art or Art 1 Class. It is excellent for middle or high school art classes or your homeschool art curriculum. It will save you tons of time and contains everything you need to teach your students the fundamentals of art$130.00$167.00Save $37.00
This Introduction to Drawing Middle or High School Art Lesson Bundle contains everything you need to just get started. No previous drawing skills are required and even the most apathetic students can be successful with these confidence-building art projects, activities, skill-building art worksheets.
All of these art lessons and project activities are easy to share for distance learning, homeschool art, or to use in the classroom. They are simple enough to even be done as a sub-plan with a substitute teacher.
The video demonstrations are linked to the drawing reference images and art worksheets. They have easy-to-scan QR codes which are so convenient for when students are absent or miss a demonstration. They can see the step-by-step drawing tutorials and learn how to complete the project from any device at any time quickly and easily simply by scanning the QR code. You don't have to waste time repeating the instructions when students are out and early finishers can move on without wasting any time.
These beginner drawing art lessons start with very basic line drawing. One drawing skill is introduced at a time and narrowing down what students need to focus on. Isolating each drawing technique helps students gain confidence and develop good drawing habits from the beginning.
These activities show students they can be successful from the very start.
They begin to trust the process and gain confidence in their ability to draw fast.
The line drawing project shows them how to scale up an image and compare relationships between parts of the drawing. They learn how to use guide marks to get the correct scale and placement before diving into the details.
The negative space drawing project teaches students to also look at the shapes of the negative spaces and compare those relationships as well.
The contour line drawing mark-making project helps them understand how lines can be used to describe form and allows them to experiment with line, pattern, and color. Students can layer different art mediums and materials to add personality to their work.
If you are looking for a follow-up to these lessons, I usually follow up with these projects and have had amazing success.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready-to-go, easy-to-follow, timesaving art lessons in my TPT SHOP.
You may also like:
- Digital Portfolio for Student Artwork
- Middle or High School Art Project Bundle
- Beginner Line Drawing Art Project Bundle for Middle or High School
Having difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
• Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources & sales.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!