This comprehensive packet provides everything you need to guide your middle-school students as they complete a research project for international studies. Although designed for the study of a country of the world, the packet can easily be adapted for use with any other research topic.
If you purchase this resource, I will gladly send you the original Word document free of charge so you can modify it to suit your needs. Just send e-mail to scampbell (at) lfschools.org.
With clearly written student handouts and an easy-to-follow scoring rubric, this packet allows you to focus your time on helping students with actual research instead of repeating lessons and guidelines over and over.
In particular, attention is given to helping students select and use appropriate online resources for their research--an important 21st century skill.
This research packet contains helpful handouts that provide the following:
• An introduction page with an overview of the project
• A scoring rubric reference sheet for the student
• A link to a sample middle-school project, with teacher analysis of the work provided
• A list of suggested online resources for research
• Guidelines for selecting other appropriate websites to use for research
• A page of tips for taking notes and writing the body of the report
• Directions, resources, and examples for creating a Works Cited page (following MLA style)
There is also a final-project scoring rubric for use by the teacher.
The world of research awaits! I'd be interested in any feedback about how this goes with your class. It's a project that demands a lot but leads to excellent results and insightful learning for your students.
This resource is created by Stephen Campbell.