Looking for a fresh approach to pull your students into A Midsummer Night’s Dream? William Shakespeare’s hilarious tale of love and magic will enthrall your students when you use this MASSIVE bundle of interactive, multimedia lessons. This package includes FIVE WEEKS OF COMPLETE LESSON MATERIALS designed to challenge and entertain middle school students and high school freshmen/sophomores.
This HUGE bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the zipped bundle) (3-pg. PDF)
• Beautiful, modern-designed A Midsummer Night’s Dream study guide/handouts for EVERY scene in the play (16-pg. PDF includes student worksheets and detailed answer key)
• Life in Elizabethan England team speech assignment, with list of 18 topics and grading rubric (3-pg. PDF)
• Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre multimedia lecture (25 slides) with hands-on Globe construction “craftivity” (1-pg. PDF)
• Light-hearted Puns/Oxymorons presentation to help familiarize students with Shakespeare’s commonly used literary techniques (10 slides)
• Power of Tone presentation with fun, interactive elements that will allow for 27 different students to have an opportunity to entertain the class as they learn about language (38 slides)
• Attention-grabbing Shakespearean Sonnet lecture with zooming animation (31 slides) and sonnet assignment handouts (3-pg. PDF)
• Shakespearean Slam Contest where students insult and/or compliment each other using the Bard’s own words – this one’s noisy and fun! (3-pg. PDF)
• Art of the Love Letter handout with writing activity (1-pg. PDF)
• Act 2 Character Map review worksheet (2-pg. PDF)
• Full-period A Midsummer Night’s Dream character Quote Review Game with zooming animation (63 slides) and additional quote practice for student teams
• Flyswatter game that will get students out of their seats as they review for their exam (19-pg. PDF)
• 50-question unit exam (matching, true/false, multiple choice, quote identification) (4-pg. PDF, including answer key)
• In-class end-of-unit essay prompt (1-pg. PDF)
All materials come with complete answer keys, included here in the page counts. This HUGE BUNDLE includes a total of 56 pages (PDF and Word) of rich content, plus 168 slides (Powerpoint and Prezi) of visually dynamic materials to “wow” your class. Please note that, due to the large file size, the Prezi materials come with links for online viewing/use. You do not need special software to run a Prezi.
Note: Many of these items (the Globe Theatre materials, Shakespearean Sonnet materials, Slam Contest, Love Letter, Act 2 Character Map, and Flyswatter review game) are sold separately at my store. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this budget-priced bundle. The other items are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle. There is some overlap in products featured here and in my Romeo & Juliet bundle.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you decide the most budget-minded way to purchase materials from both unit plans.
Interested in more information about individual products?
Click HERE for more information about specific products included in this bundle
Thanks for stopping by!