Looking for a fresh approach to pull your students into A Midsummer Night’s Dream? William Shakespeare’s hilarious tale of love and magic will engage your students when you use this MASSIVE bundle of fun and creative lessons. This package includes four weeks of complete materials designed to challenge and entertain middle school students and high school freshmen/sophomores.
This HUGE bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the zipped bundle)
• Scene-by-scene study questions to guide students through their reading of A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Printable PDF & Google Drive versions)
• William Shakespeare author biography research and discussion assignment (Printable PDF & Google Drive versions)
• Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre lecture with hands-on Globe construction “craftivity” (Prezi and Google Slides versions)
• Light-hearted Puns/Oxymorons presentation to help familiarize students with Shakespeare’s commonly used literary techniques
• Power of Tone presentation with fun, interactive elements that will allow for 27 different students to have an opportunity to entertain the class as they learn about language
• Attention-grabbing Shakespearean Sonnet lecture with zooming animation and sonnet assignment handouts (Prezi and Google Slides versions)
• Shakespearean Slam Contest where students insult and/or compliment each other using the Bard’s own words – this one’s noisy and fun!
• Character Cell Phone activity (Printable PDF & Google Drive versions)
• Act 2 Character Map review worksheet (Printable PDF & Google Drive versions)
• Act 3, Sc. 2 Choice Board activity featuring 12 different CCSS-aligned options
• Cover Artist reflection activity (Printable PDF & Google Drive versions)
• End-of-unit quote race/worksheet
• Flyswatter game that will get students out of their seats as they review for their exam
• 50-question unit exam (matching, true/false, multiple choice, quote identification)
• In-class end-of-unit essay prompt
This HUGE BUNDLE includes a total of 60 pages (PDF) of rich content, plus 98 slides (uneditable Powerpoint and Prezi/Google Slides) of visually dynamic materials to “wow” your class.
Note: Many of these items (the Globe Theatre materials, Shakespearean sonnet materials, slam contest, study question set, Act 2 character map, character cell phone, cover artist, quote race, and flyswatter review game) are sold separately at my store. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this budget-priced bundle. The other items are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle. There is some overlap in products featured here and in my Romeo & Juliet bundle. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you decide the most budget-minded way to purchase materials from both unit plans.
Interested in more information about individual products?
Thanks for stopping by!
Cover background image: Pixabay, Public domain