• Mighty math is a daily practice of math skills for reinforcement and retention of skills taught during the year.
• Distribute the weekly sheet on Monday and review the skill of the week with the students. On the first day, model the problems while students complete the sheet with the teacher.
• On days 2-5 students complete the 4 problems independently. After the problems are completed, go over the answers with the students having students correct their mistakes. Discuss the problem and clear up any questions and misconceptions the students may have. The learning is in the discussion.
• Day 5 could be used as an assessment.
• After completion of the 20 problems and on day 5, have the students circle the “exit skill” evaluation of themselves.
• A recording sheet of the skills is included in the booklet. It could be used for data tracking, report card indicators, or progress monitoring.
For other math resources, stop by my store to check out:
Third Grade Indiana Math Standards
Self Checking Addition Task Cards
Mighty Math - Daily 4 Practice of 3rd and 4th Grade math skills