Mighty Monster Matching Fun With “er” words (Common Core aligned)
(Note: This is also available as part of the "Fun with R- Controlled Vowels Combo Package")
There are “five” different activities included in this set.
1. The cards can also be used to give examples during the teaching of the standard.
2. Students have 60 cards to match the picture to the correct “er” word. This activity could be separated into two centers with 30 cards in each. There are recording sheets, and answer sheets to make this activity self-checking or you the teacher can check for mastery.
3. Memory Game- The cards are laid upside down and student take turns trying to make matches.
4. Mighty Monster Game (played like Popcorn). Students practice reading and using the words in a sentence. Be careful of the tricky Monster Cards!
5. There are two follow-up fill in the blank stories for the children to practice the “er” decoding skill that they have learned. These also come with answer sheets for your convenience.
This Fun and Easy card game addresses the
Common Core Standards-
CCSS.ELA- Literacy.RF.1.3a Know the spelling-sound correspondences for common vowel digraphs.
ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Please check out my blog for this and many more fun and easy activities at: http://Funandeasyfirstgrade.blogspot.com/
*****Note: Downloads will not contain the watermarks you see on the previews.*****