Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.28 MB | 80 pages, 40 Slides pages
Let’s face it. . . .walking into a beginning drama class can be a little intimidating at first for the inexperienced performer. Look no further than this fun, active, and reflective unit on mime and body language, the perfect place to start young performers!
In the two week unit, you will guide your students through fun and engaging activities involving mime and body language to build a basis for performance on stage. This unit is filled with fun yet low-risk drama games that will make every student feel comfortable in their first few days in drama and have some fun! Along with learning how to mime and use their body for expression, students will learn basic stage conventions, how to write in blocking, how to rehearse in an effective manner, and how to reflect on their own work. All will culminate in a final project combining the art of mime with pantomime in the presentation of short fairy tales!
In this bundle you will find:
* A day to day calendar mapping out the activities for the day (3 pages .pdf)
* An introductory presentation on the history of mime as an editable Prezi (24 slides)
* An alternative to the presentation is included as well in video form. Please feel free to either use this video as a way to prep yourself for presenting the Prezi OR present the video itself to your class for the introduction to mime. (5 minutes)
* A detailed and thorough guide to all classroom activities including suggestions for classroom management and print-and-go prompts for each of the activities requiring them. (31 pages .pdf)
* An Actor’s Daily Notebook worksheet for daily reflection (3 pages .pdf AND Google Slide presentation)
* A presentation on blocking and stage conventions to aid beginning performers in learning how to move on stage and write in blocking (16 slides)
* Blocking Worksheet for students: Covering the basics of blocking shorthand (1 page)
* A Teacher’s Guide to the final performances (1 page .pdf)
* 8 full final performance scripts for students of short fairy tales. Each script has been structured to allow students to write in their blocking and turn in for credit if you wish. (4 to 5 pages each)
* A grading rubric for the final performances (1 page)
* A grading worksheet for rehearsal grading (2 pages)
* A Peer Preview worksheet for students to give and take notes (2 pages)
* Links to video resources to use in conjunction with this unit (1 page)
In total, this unit will bring you over 80 PAGES of content, 40 SLIDES of presentation material, 14 DRAMA GAMES, and more fun in your drama classroom!
For you, the busy drama teacher, all you have to do is print and teach! Everything is now prepped for you! Have fun and enjoy mime and body language through this unit. Break a leg!