This bundle includes two companion products that work well together in any classroom or school counseling program. The goal of this bundle is to empower students to become the best version of themselves with regular practice of coping skills.
The Mindful Mindset Workbook
This workbook is packed with a year supply of daily/weekly calming bellringers. Each week of the workbook has a two page spread covering growth mindset, mindfulness, gratitude, kindness, self-reflection (sometimes self-care), and overall wellness. All of the activities are created to help students become the best version of themselves while also having a calm, mindful moment before starting their day.
Decorative pennants create a beautiful classroom or office display.
Calm Down Corner Kit
Students can regulate their emotions and refocus with the calming strategies found in this forest themed calm down activity kit. Any student can use this kit when they need to calm down from anger, anxiety, or overwhelming feelings. By teaching students self regulation, you will cut down on the time you spend redirecting misbehavior. The calming kit includes a mood meter for assessing current emotional levels. After using the counseling activities in the kit, students assess their mood again to decide if they are ready to return to the group.
*** How to Create a Calm Down Corner with this Kit ***
Hang the "Calm Down Corner" banner with quote pennants.
Attach cover page to the front of a binder.
Place the colorful pages in sheet protectors and place them in a spiral binder. Students will be able to write on them over and over again.
Place the binder in a basket or box.
Add other fidgets and sensory items in the box.
Create a corner of the room with a comfy chair for using the box.
Use the enclosed poster to designate your calming area.
I would also suggest including a sand timer or other method of tracking time.
*** Who would benefit from this kit? ***
Can be used by school counselors, classroom teachers, special education teachers, school psychologists, social workers, or any other educator who helps children with emotional regulation.
*** Includes ***
• Poster “Calm Down Corner” Horizontal
• Instruction Page “Calm Down Corner”
• Suggestions for “Other Calming Tools”
• Mood Meter (use before and after your mindful break.)
• Calming Checklist
• 8 Calming Mazes plus answer keys(includes 5 easy and 3 more challenging versions )
• ”Things I can and cannot control” Page
• "Rainbow Breathing" Page
• 40 ”Calming Cards” to put on a Key Ring or place in a small box. (with 16 easy/average versions plus 24 more challenging cards)
• Write my Feelings on the Mountain
• Write my Feelings on the Mountain (more challenging version)
• Grounding Poster
• Write my Feelings Lined Journal Page
• Mindful coloring bookmarks 3 pages with 5 per page
• Grounding Mindful Activity Sheet
• Mindful Quotes coloring pages – 3 pages/designs
•7 Colorful Pennant Banners with Quotes
•39 total pages + 28 b/w copies of the colored pages