Also included in
- Practice mindfulness, calm, and self-regulation with this huge bundle! Mindfulness can help kids and young adults by promiting happiness, attention, and emotional control. Materials include activities, task cards, journals, posters, and more. The lessons and mindfulness activities include listening$65.00$86.00Save $21.00
- Help kids and young adults utilize coping strategies, or coping skills, and mindfulness to manage stress and challenging emotions including anger, anxiety, depression, restlessness, and more. Resources in this bundle include over 570 pages focused on teaching and practicing coping strategies and min$150.00$203.00Save $53.00
These mindfulness lessons and activities teach important social emotional skills that helps students build self-regulation and focus. Mindfulness activities include mindful breathing practice, listening to music, coloring, making crafts, and much more. Unlock the calm in your classroom with these engaging lessons!
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness means being present in the moment with your thoughts and feelings without making judgments. It is being aware of what is happening but not being overwhelmed. When we build mindfulness, we are really strengthening self-regulation and focus. These skills also help students cope with stress and tough emotions.
Print AND Digital Versions Included
I have added a digital version for Google Slides to the print version! To access, just open the PDF with 'digital directions' in the title and click on the link in the blue box.
Why Teach Mindfulness?
Research has shown many positive outcomes when you practice mindfulness. People of all ages and abilities can practice and it is a skill that builds on itself. The more students practice, the better they will get at being mindful.
How to Use
These activities would be an asset to special education teachers, support professionals, regular education teachers, and parents who are working to improve the mindfulness and self-regulation skills of their students.
You can teach lessons during morning meeting, advisory period, or between subject areas to give a break during the day. Once students have learned a new strategy (such as deep breathing or mindful observance) they can use it again and again when they need it the most.
Table of Contents
• Educator Guide
• Educator Lesson Guides
• Mindfulness Pre-Assessment
• Lesson 1: What is Mindfulness?
• Lesson 2: Positive Effects of Mindfulness
• Lesson 3: Breathing
• Lesson 4: Breathing Flower Craft
• Lesson 5: Dragon Breathing
• Lesson 6: Acceptance of Thoughts
• Lesson 7: Living in the Moment
• Lesson 8: Mindful Observance
• Lesson 9: Walking Meditation
• Lesson 10: Mindfulness 5-4-3-2-1
• Lesson 11: Mindful Listening
• Lesson 12: Positive Thoughts Fortune Teller
• Lesson 13: Eating Meditation
• Lesson 14: Mindfulness Break
• Lesson 15: Mindfulness Nature Trip
• Lesson 16: Mindfulness Coloring
• Lesson 17: Mindfulness Review Task Cards
• Mindfulness Post-Assessment
• Extra: Mindfulness Posters
Save Over 20% with a Bundle!
This bundle includes over 100 pages focused on teaching and practicing mindfulness to kids and young adults. Materials include lessons, workbook pages, posters, and task cards.
This is a HUGE bundle with over 500 pages focused on teaching mindfulness and coping strategies to encourage self-control, happiness, positivity, and many more positive outcomes. It contains a variety of lessons, workbooks, posters, task cards, foldable crafts, and much more!
Materials are for personal and classroom use (not commercial use). To clarify, educators may use materials with their students and/or caseload. Educators, parents, and support professionals may use materials for private tutoring/support with students/clients on a small scale basis. Materials may NOT be used within online paid courses, such as Outschool or Udemy. Please reach out to me with any specific questions on this.
Materials may not be posted freely on the Internet, such as a classroom website or blog. Materials may be shared directly with families and students through Google Classroom and any other password-protected means.
If you have questions or problems please contact me through Product Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
Disclaimer: These resources and materials are for supplementary support/education purposes and not intended as a replacement for education, counseling, or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, counselors, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -