Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource includes 8 winter themed mindfulness activities. These activities will help students learn about what mindfulness is, and how they can practice it. Activities use mindfulness techniques such as guided imagery, thorough reflection, being aware of thoughts and feelings, close observation, and deep breathing. Great for individual, small group and classroom lessons. Each activity includes discussion questions to help guide the activity.
The following activities are included:
-Mindful Ornament Craftivity Students will create an ornament shaped foldable and answer 5 prompts about what mindfulness is and what it is not.
-Cookie Mindfulness Sort This activity includes 18 winter scenarios that students will categorize as either mindful or not mindful. Students will create pockets for each category, cut out the scenario cards, and place in the corresponding pocket. Activity materials come in color and black and white.
-Winter Mindfulness Cards 8 winter themed mindfulness activity cards to help students use mindfulness techniques such as guided imagery, deep breathing, and staying focused.
- All About Winter Observation A worksheet to help students use reflection to consider how they experience winter. Students will identify what they feel, notice, think, like and don’t like in the winter.
- Mindful Mantra Mug Students will describe what mindfulness is and will look at 6 mindful mantras. Students will choose the mantras that they feel most apply to their lives, or create their own. Students will then paste their mantras onto their mugs.
- Winter Word Association Accordion Books Students will look at 6 winter themed words and identify the feelings and thoughts they associate with these words. Students will use accordion books that can be attached into an interactive notebook while practicing this mindfulness technique.
- My Favorite Winter Memory Flap Book Students will construct a flap book that encourages them to thoroughly reflect on a favorite winter memory. Students will practice mindfulness as they recall as many details as possible about the event and then draw a picture of the memory. These can be attached to an interactive notebook.
- What I Would Notice Students will consider 8 winter situations, and determine what these situations would be like using their five senses. Once the worksheets are completed, students can use them to play a guessing game.
For more information, look at the preview.
This resource is part of a seasonal mindfulness activity bundle. Click here to save 20%!
If you are satisfied with this resource, please leave feedback. If there is something I can improve upon, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to accommodate you.
Please check out my other resources you are sure to love:
For more updates on my new products: