This interactive PowerPoint bundle provides tools for students to manage difficult emotions and promote healthy thinking. These lessons include many animations, visuals, and interactive portions, and are not the typical text-heavy PowerPoints. They are designed to keep your students engaged and retain the information longer by using visual metaphors.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER for a FULL LENGTH freebie!
This bundle includes the following products:
Mindfulness- A set of 3 PowerPoints
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy- A set of 3 PowerPoints on cognitive distortions and bonus posters
The first bundle introduces mindfulness, a proven tool that can help people deal with emotions in a healthy way. Many students have difficulty accepting emotions, and by desperately trying to do away with any painful emotions, they actually make the problem worse. This can lead to complications like depression and anxiety. These lessons help students understand why pushing away painful emotions can actually make them persist more, how to recognize and accept emotions, and how to live more in the present by practicing mindfulness techniques.
Overview of Mindfuless Bundle:
• 1st PowerPoint- Why Emotions Get "Stuck"- This lesson focuses on why emotions or thoughts sometimes get stuck with many visuals, metaphors, and animations to help the students understand.
• 2nd PowerPoint-Accepting Emotions without Judgment- This lesson focus on the first part of mindfulness, accepting emotions without judgment.
• 3rd PowerPoint- Daily Mindfulness Techniques- This lesson teaches students daily mindfulness techniques they can use to help spiraling thoughts and includes 5 Mindfulness practices (Mindful Breathing, Mindful Walking, Mindful Eating, Mindful Listening, and a Body Scan.)
The second bundle is designed to help students recognize unhealthy thoughts, or cognitive distortions, and challenge them using cognitive behavioral therapy strategies.
Overview of Cognitive Distortions Bundle:
• 1st PowerPoint- Intro to Cognitive Distortions- This lesson explains how our thoughts can get distorted and introduces a general strategy to challenge distortions.
• 2nd PowerPoint-Cognitive Distortions Part 1- This lesson introduces 3 common cognitive distortions with specific strategies to challenge each distortion. The distortions are mind reading, labeling and catastrophizing
•3rd PowerPoint-Cognitive Distortions Part 2-This lesson Introduces 4 more common cognitive distortions with specific strategies to challenge each distortion. The distortions are: should statements, overgeneralizing, blaming, and mental filter.