Also included in
- Practice mindfulness, calm, and self-regulation with this huge bundle! Mindfulness can help kids and young adults by promiting happiness, attention, and emotional control. Materials include activities, task cards, journals, posters, and more. The lessons and mindfulness activities include listening$65.00$86.00Save $21.00
- Help kids and young adults utilize coping strategies, or coping skills, and mindfulness to manage stress and challenging emotions including anger, anxiety, depression, restlessness, and more. Resources in this bundle include over 570 pages focused on teaching and practicing coping strategies and min$150.00$203.00Save $53.00
Help kids and young adults practice mindfulness with a yearlong mindfulness journal. Mindfulness activities can help promote happiness, attention, emotional control, and self-regulation. The 200 mindful prompts in this journal include activities for mindful observance, using senses, deep breathing techniques, coloring, emotional check-ins, guided visualizations, yoga, and more. Daily activities are specifically tailored to kids and young adults. Complete them as a full class, a small group, or individually.
Updated: I have included a digital journal for Google Slides. Please note that some pages are best suited for printing, such as coloring pages. However, I thought it was important to add a digital version to allow for use during distance learning.
Mindfulness means being present in the moment with your thoughts and feelings without making judgements. It is being aware of what is happening but not being overwhelmed. This can be an incredibly helpful strategy for kids and young adults who struggle with self-regulation or coping with challenging emotions.
Journal for the Full Year!
Note that this is a complete yearlong mindfulness journal with daily activities for the entire year. That means your students will have 200 unique mindful activities and prompts to take them through every day. Just complete one section per day (or however many you want!).
How to Use
This journal is a no-prep strategy to integrate mindfulness on a daily basis. Using it is simple! Just print the pages and allow students to complete sections as you see fit. You can choose to have students complete one section per day, or as many as you have time for.
You can use the journal in the morning to help students start their day off on a positive note, right before morning meeting as an emotional check-in, or any time of the day!
While the main focus on the journal is mindfulness, several related skills are integrated into the journal prompts and activities. The skills highlighted include:
• : Learning to be present in the moment, including being aware of emotions, feelings, and thoughts.
• : Developing a greater understanding of individual thoughts, feelings, strengths, needs, and hopes for the future.
• : Being able to notice and identify feelings.
• : Using skills to help manage stress and tough emotions on the spot.
• : Using helpful words to provide motivation and encouragement.
• : Using strategies to grow your skills and abilities with hard work, determination, and grit.
• : Developing care and concern for others.
• : Developing acceptance and admiration for yourself.
• : Being able to observe, question, and think about actions to help be the best you.
Here are a few sample activities students will be completing. Please see the preview for more!
- Mindfulness is learning to be present in the moment. Take a look around you and think about what you can see, hear, feel, smell and taste. Then, list below.
- Practice mindful breathing! Use your finger to climb up each mountain as you slowly breathe in. Slide down the mountain as you slowly breathe out.
- Spending time outdoors is a healthy way to practice mindfulness. List at least three activities you can do to spend more time outside. Then, picture yourself doing them.
- Be the eagle! Close your eyes. Image you are a bald eagle soaring through the sky. What do you see, hear, feel, smell, and taste? Describe your visualization below.
Note that both color and black/white journals are included! A student cover page and a welcome page to introduce mindfulness are included as well.
Tips for Customers:
- Click here to follow my store for notifications about new resources and freebies.
- If you have questions, please contact me through Q & A and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
- Please consider leaving feedback on this resource to receive TpT credits! I always strive for 5 stars and love hearing your feedback.
Disclaimer: These resources are for supplementary support/education purposes and are not a replacement for education or other necessary supports. Educators, parents, and others who utilize these materials are encouraged to seek out additional support, as needed.