The practice of quietening the mind to bring awareness and attention to the present moment is known as mindfulness. It’s a skill that can be very useful in educational settings as it can help increase concentration and instill a sense of calm.
Practiced regularly, mindfulness helps children to regulate their emotions and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety. It can improve their ability to cope with distress by helping restore emotional balance by bringing their attention to the thoughts, emotions and physical sensations they’re experiencing in that moment.
Many teachers who use mindfulness report calmer classrooms, more attentive students and more effective learning. Based on adult research, mindfulness is growing in popularity and being used in schools around the world as an effective tool to enhance student and teacher well-being, as well as academic performance.
This bundle includes:
• A printable pdf - A4 format
• Explanation and instructions for teaching and nurturing mindfulness
• 15 lesson plans for beginning students through to grade 6 including
• 3 coloring pages
• 2 BONUS classroom posters
• 2 BONUS inspirational quotes posters for teachers
* You will need Acrobat 7.0 or later - please contact me if you have an earlier version.
Click here for our US Letter version.
These resources are part of our whole school, evidence-based SEL curriculum promoting kindness and mindfulness. Please check it out at www.ripplekindness.org.
You might also like:
• Kindness Coloring Pages - coloring is a fabulous mindfulness activity
• Kindness and Bucket Filling - SEL resources to improve wellbeing and reduce bullying
• Bucket Filling - without the extra kindness lessons
• Managing Anger and Anxiety - a terrific SEL resource for nurturing student wellbeing
• Kindness Display Posters - for promoting positive feelings and actions in the classroom
If you have any questions or ideas for other products you'd like to see in our store, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more about what we do at www.ripplekindness.org.
Have a great day! ☺
Proceeds from sales on TPT help support disadvantaged school families via our outreach program Nourish Network.
Did you know you can save money on TPT resources by leaving feedback?
You can receive credit
towards future TpT purchases by reviewing products.
If you like this one, please leave a review on the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account”.
Your feedback is of great importance to us as it helps in determining which products are most valuable to you and your students.
Be the first to know about new products, freebies and discounts by becoming a follower. SImply click the green star next to our store logo to receive email updates.
© Ripple Kindness Project
Materials are intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.