MINECRAFT INSPIRED SEARCH GAME (2+ players)
Mine Hunt is a fun and interaction game that can by played by itself or paired to reinforce any skill area.
Mine Hunt targets the following skills:
* Verbal expression
* Visual discrimination/matching
* Turn taking/winning & losing
* Attention and focus
* Fine motor skills
* Listening skills
OBJECT OF GAME: To be the first player to get rid of all the big playing cards.
GAME SET UP: Place small cards face down on the table. Shuffle the big cards and distribute a set amount to each player (4-5 cards each is recommended). Players place the big cards in front of them FACE UP. The remaining big cards are placed face down on the table.
PLAYING THE GAME: Player 1 draws a small card from the pile and faces it up for all of the players to see. Players look at their big cards to SEARCH if any of the pictures shown on the small card are or are not on their big cards. There are 3 ways to make a match:
1. Both pictures are shown on small card – Players discard all of their big cards that have both pictures shown.
2. One picture is shown on small card and one is crossed out – Players discard all of their big card NOT showing the crossed out picture and showing the other picture.
3. Both pictures are crossed out on small card – Players discard all of their big cards that show NEITHER of the two pictures.
Play continues to the left, and the next player turns over a small card to match. The first player to get rid of all the big cards is the winner. Time to play AGAIN
36 Big Playing Cards
32 Small Playing Cards
Created by: Michelle Hinkle Ostrow M.S., CCC-SLP
© Speech Rocks (2017)
All rights reserved by author ~ single user/classroom only