This activity is a great addition to any science lesson on rocks and minerals. The chart included guides students to use materials such as streak plates, nails, and magnets to test various properties of minerals in order to identify each of 20 mineral samples. This information is then recorded on a student worksheet.
Included in this product:
1. A materials list for teachers including a list of minerals used in this activity (kits can be purchased on Amazon through the provided link)
2. A student identification "wheel" in order to decipher each mineral quickly and easily. This is designed to be significantly more user-friendly than the usual mineral properties charts.
3. A data sheet for students to record their identified minerals.
Teaching a lesson or unit on minerals? This activity is part of my Lesson & Activity: Minerals
, which includes a PowerPoint lesson with student notes, teacher plan, and online quiz.
**Your feedback is important to me. Please rate this product.**
My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
1. Environmental Science: Atmosphere Bundle
2. Environmental Science: Biosphere Bundle
3. Environmental Science: Lithosphere Bundle
4. Environmental Science: Hydrosphere Bundle
*All of my products have been tried and tested in my own classroom. I would never sell something that didn't already work for me!*