This lesson is part of bundled unit and if you have my Properties of Minerals Comprehensive Unit
, don't buy this product, you already have it! This lesson will fill your classroom with all the information you want your students to know about the luster and transparency in minerals.
This lesson focuses on the mineral properties of luster and transparency. Students will understand that there are two major types of luster: metallic and non-metallic. The lesson also goes into depth about the subtypes of non-metallic luster. Transparency, translucence and opaque minerals will also be addressed in this lesson with high quality visuals and a collaborative activity.
- 12 animated power point slides
- 5-E style lesson plan
- Student learning map / note taker
- Interactive Notebook: Metallic and Non-metallic Luster
- Interactive Notebook Foldable: Non-metallic luster subtypes
- Animal life cycles graphic organizer
- Transparent-Translucent-Opaque Three Column-Chart: student classroom activity
- Luster: student worksheet
I know you and your students will love this lesson! No materials necessary, although your classroom may benefit from having several mineral samples and a powerful flashlight. Enjoy!