This mineral study booklet contains 12 mini pages for students to take notes during their learning of minerals. Students will define what a mineral is, as well as everyday uses of minerals. Additionally, students will define and provide examples for the 5 physical properties scientists use to identify minerals. The end of the booklet allows students to write down a reflection of what they have learned about minerals.
This product can be used with the 4th Macmillan/McGraw-Hill textbook series. Or this may be used to supplement other readings/studies of minerals.
Pages included in this booklet:
- Page 1: Cover Page
- Page 2: What is a mineral?
- Page 3: What are minerals used for?
- Page 4: How are minerals identified?
- Page 5: Color
- Page 6: Luster
- Page 7: Cleavage
- Page 8: Streak
- Page 9: Hardness
- Page 10: Moh's Hardness Scale
- Page 11: Moh's Hardness Scale
- Page 12: What I learned about minerals