Great resource for a unit study on minerals and classification! Get students familiar with science terms, allows you to have them practice some English grammar and writing skills as well. While most science resources focus only on new nouns, these terms include NOUNS, VERBS and ADJECTIVES. This packet includes:
1) Minerals vocabulary term word search (and answer key)
2) ABC Order (and answer key)
3) Parts of speech (this also includes an area to write a sentence or two using the words.) (and answer key)
4) Comparative and Superlative adjectives exercise
5) Definitions of the terms, for use by the instructor
Vocabulary terms include: classify, color, crystal, density, describe. greasy, hardness, heavy, luster, metallic, mineral, powder, property, scratch, shiny, soft, streak, strong, weak.
If you like this product, please check out my other Word Fit puzzles.
Fossils Vocabulary Word Search
Volcanoes Vocabulary Word Search
Earth Science Literacy Rubric