I wrote this book to condense the important information for my 5th grade students on the Pre-Columbian Civilization of the Maya. The MA standards are covered in one place! The objectives and standards could also go along with other state standards. This is a 13 page book with both sides of the page counted as pages. The pages are not numbered to give you the freedom to make the book in any order you'd like. Page 14 is blank. Many pictures are shown throughout each section.
You will find pages ordered this way:
1. Intro - Building Background Knowledge.
3. Use of Slaves/Family Life
5. Religious Beliefs and Practices
6. Economy & Agriculture
7. Achievements of the Maya - Science and Math
8. Language and Writing/Arts and Architecture
9. Spanish Conquest & Decline of the Maya (several theories)
10. What do I have to know/What do I have to be able to do
11. Nonfiction Text Features: Timeline and Map of Mayan Lands
12. Nonfiction Text Features: Article & Glossary
13. Cover Page
14. Blank Page
I hope you will find this as useful as I did for my students! There is enough here for a 1-2 week unit.