This cultural mini-unit allows students in the Novice range to explore different francophone Carnival practices through the reading of an article on the topic, published by LE PETIT JOURNAL FRANCOPHONE
. Included in this unit, you will find:
• Five different pre-reading activities to activate your students’ background knowledge about Carnival, and prepare them to read the article
• A two-page article about fun cultural Carnival practices in the francophone world, written in comprehensible French
• Accompanying PowerPoint materials, ready to print and use in class
• Four different post-reading activities, including a Kahoot game!
• You may use all or some of the activities, using them to differentiate your instruction and/or offer different levels of challenge
LE PETIT JOURNAL FRANCOPHONE is a biweekly publication that provides comprehensible news summaries from French speaking countries to students. The target reader for this publication is a Novice student in his or her first or second year of French. Teachers of Intermediate students may use this product as a scaffold to an authentic news article on the same topic. To facilitate further exploration of a news topic, each issue also contains links to authentic articles.