IMPORTANT NOTE: The purpose of this DEMO product is simply to illustrate its functionality and scope--it is NOT intended to be used in the classroom. The full version, available for $4.95, is ENTIRELY classroom-ready.
Language Arts Presenter: MicroLesson 23 (see Additional Notes below)
Time required: 21-26 minutes
By the end of this MicroLesson, students will be able to...
• define sentence.
• recognize that the purpose for speaking or writing determines the type of sentence used.
• list and define four types of sentences.
• select the appropriate end mark for each type of sentence.
• distinguish interrogative sentences from indirect questions.
• recognize that imperative sentences may end with a period or an exclamation point.
• correctly categorize 15 sample sentences.
This free version of Types of Sentences is complete and fully-functioning. The full version
has no "Free Trial Version" stamps and includes a word search and a crossword puzzle.
With the presentation itself and both puzzles, an entire class period will be needed to complete all of the activities.
This application is one of the 30 MicroLessons available in the series, Language Arts Presenter.
Each MicroLesson features animated talking avatars who present instructional material to your language arts classes via a smart board or a digital projector.
In addition, these MicroLessons include...
• definitions and examples.
• direct instruction.
• a summary of the instruction (in most MicroLessons).
• practice quizzes ranging from 5 to 15 questions.
• an on-screen answer key.
• a word search and crossword puzzle to extend the mini lesson (the words found in the word search provide the word bank for the crossword puzzle).
Teachers report that during MicroLessons, they...
• appoint students to be mouse operators while they roam the classroom, keeping a wary eye on the knuckleheads.
• become dynamic partners with the avatars, giving additional examples of concepts, checking for comprehension, and reading questions and answer choices orally to the class.
• record scores, grade papers, or even work on lesson plans.
All of the mini lessons in the Language Arts Presenter series are accessible with any of the major web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. As a result, these apps are compatible with all versions of both Windows and Mac.
Mini Lesson 23: Types of Sentences, Free Version
by Chad Manis
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License