This product is also available in my Teacher's Toolkit Bundle
. Check it out - it's a great deal!
Perfect for your back-to-school toolkit! Use these ten customizable, standards-based mini-lessons at the beginning, middle, or end of class – plus, most can be extended for a full class. They are designed to last from 15-45 minutes each. These lessons are excellent hooks, discussion starters, rewards, re-engagement strategies, brain breaks, extended bellringers …you name it. Plus, they are print and go ready with step-by-step teacher's directions and tips. Learning targets are included.
Have your mini-lessons copied and ready-to-go when your class needs to break breakaway from what they’re doing or when you need a strong, standards-based short lesson. Plan ahead and use within your units. Whatever your strategy, I think you and your students will find these not-so-mini-lessons intriguing and thought provoking.
1. Read-Analyze-Infer Super-Short Story
2. Questions: Factual & Higher-Order
3. Word Meanings & Tone: Script for Two
4, Writing Vivid Descriptions
5. Read-Analyze-Infer “Paisley My Sky”
6. Argument Details: Powerful Positive Messages
7. Prioritize: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
9. Narrative Writing: What Happened?
10. Predict, Symbolize, Collaborate: Design Emoticons
If you enjoyed this product - be sure to check out MINI-LESSONS 2 with even more mini-lessons that you and your students will love!
Mini-Lessons 2 Teen Relevant & Editable Middle & High School English Language Arts
Thanks for shopping at my store! ♥
Secondary, junior high, back to school, ELA.