This pack includes 9 mini lessons and activities inspired by "Where the Wild Things Are." These centers go along great with the book and help review reading and math concepts.
Here is what is included in this little unit.
1.Popsicle Stick Puppets: Fun for students to have while reading the story initially. It gets them excited for the book before they know the characters.
2. Wild Sentences: Unscramble the words to complete the sentence
3. Noun Cards: Pick 2 nouns from each sentence. A recording sheet is also included. There are 10 cards in this activity.
4. Story Order: Cut and paste the 6 story parts in order. A colorful memory craft!
5. Monster Math: Answer the subtraction problems. A recording sheet is also included. There are 10 cards in this activity.
6. Fill in the Blank: Find the missing word (worksheet/printable).
7. Monster Match: Match the rhyming words (worksheet/printable). Includes 10 homophones with different word endings.
8. I am wild when I: Worksheet/printable with area for students to draw themselves as a monster and describe a time when they are wild.
9. King/Queen of the Wild Things crown: Color, cut, and glue together your very own wild things crown.
**Make sure to download the preview to see all the pictures! Lots included in this unit!