These Mini Math Chance and Data worksheets have been designed to be completed by teachers that have limited time.
The Chance and Data/ Probability Tasks and Activities provides fun learning opportunities for students to use their maths knowledge.
Each activity/ task includes an "I can" statement for the students to know what they need to achieve. They also have a highlight and go teacher assessment at the bottom of the page, allowing teachers to be able to quickly see where each student is at with a glance.
Tasks included in this pack;
1.What is the chance of rolling a 6 with a dice?
2. What number has the most chance of being rolled with two dice?
3. What side of the coin will come up most when two coins are flipped?
4. Are you more likely to take one M&M colour out of the bag?
5. Are you more likely to take one marble colour out of the bag?
6. Rock, paper, scissors
7. What's the chance? - using specific language to answer questions related to probability.
* Any time the word 'colour' has been used, the page has been duplicated with the word 'color', to be able to be used by both USA and AUS/UK/CAN classes.
These tasks can be used in many ways, including:
1. Used at the start of a unit of work to look at student's prior knowledge.
2. Math centers (maths centres)
3. Group work
4. For fast finishers
5. At the end of a unit of work to assess if students are able to transfer the skills learned during instructional time.
6. Fun projects for students to complete for homework.
BUY the BUNDLE and SAVE over 20%!!
Mini Math Investigations BUNDLE - 10 Topics
You may also be interested in the following resources:
Mini Math Investigations: Money
Mini Math Investigations: Perimeter
Mini Math Investigations: Measurement
START OF THE YEAR RESOURCES
MIDDLE SCHOOL PROJECTS
*I really value your feedback*
I try to go over the work carefully to ensure no errors, however, occasionally I might miss something. If you find an error please email me and I will fix it straight away. Thanks!