These Mini Math Perimeter Investigations have been designed to be completed by teachers that have limited time.
The Measurement Tasks and Activities provides fun learning opportunities for students to use their mathematical knowledge.
Each activity/ task includes an "I can" statement for the students to know what they need to achieve. They also have a highlight and go teacher assessment at the bottom of the page, allowing teachers to be able to quickly see where each student is at with a glance.
Tasks included in this pack;
1. How Many shapes can you make with an Area of 6?
2. How Many Shapes Can You Make with a Perimeter of 24?
3. A farmer needs to build a fence for 6 cows, each cow needs one paddock (one square), What could the fence perimeter look like?
4. Draw Your Dream Bedroom from a Birds Eye View
5. Is the Perimeter of Your Hand Greater than your Height?
These tasks can be used in many ways, including:
1. Used at the start of a unit of work to look at student's prior knowledge.
2. Math centers (maths centres)
3. Group work
4. For fast finishers
5. At the end of a unit of work to assess if students are able to transfer the skills learned during instructional time.
6. Fun projects for students to complete for homework.
BUY the BUNDLE and SAVE over 20%!!
Mini Math Investigations BUNDLE - 10 Topics
You may also be interested in the following resources:
Mini Math Investigations: Measurement
Mini Math Investigations: Fractions
Mini Math Investigations: Money
START OF THE YEAR RESOURCES
MIDDLE SCHOOL PROJECTS
*I really value your feedback*
I try to go over the work carefully to ensure no errors, however, occasionally I might miss something. If you find an error please email me and I will fix it straight away. Thanks!