*** Bonus Pages added: 4 more ways to learn! ***
Mini Objects + A Little Creativity = TONS of speech and language learning opportunities!
I confess, I'm totally in love with my set of mini objects. I want to use them every day! But there are so many ways to use them, where do I start?
The answer: RIGHT HERE, with this print and go speech and language companion. It's got 10 great activities to get you started, and then, let your imagination run wild!
This product contains 22 pages of black and white activity mats, worksheets and game cards jam-packed with speech and language learning fun. Activities include:
* An I Spy Mat to display your collection of tiny objects to go along with any of the activities, or to play any I Spy game you create
* A Speech Sound by Position Sorting Mat
* Choose 5: Speech Sound Practice Mats
* Sort by Category Mats (1 blank and 2 with preselected categories)
* Object Function Mats
* Superlative Mats
* Object Comparison Mats
* Describing Mats
* Ask a Question cards
* A Real One is... Card Game - a fun, motivating game where students race to match their mini objects to the cards based on the features described
BONUS PAGES ADDED 8/26/18:
* She/He is Shopping mats
* What's in the Treasure Chest speech and language mat
* Pirate Themed Story Mat for creating stories using mini objects
* 24 Category cards to use with any activity
You decide which mini objects to use: a random collection, or ones preselected based on speech sound, category or feature. Turn any of the language activities into articulation/phonology activities by preselecting mini objects whose names contain your target sounds.
Don't have a collection of mini objects yet? Here are some ideas:
Make your own set by collecting a box full of random small toys from toy sets you no longer play with, fast food kids' meal prizes, items at the bottom of your toy box, etc.
Order a set of trinkets online. There are several sellers on Etsy.com that offer a wide variety of sets.
Use a set of mini articulation cards instead of objects. Try these:
Did I mention kids love using mini objects in speech and language therapy? They are highly motivating and FUN!