If you've wanted to conduct articulation therapy using a different method, try these mini session materials for remediating the /r/ sound. You can use these materials for short, more intense intervention sessions with individual students. Many speech language pathologist are finding success with their students with single speech sounds when they've used quick, more frequent sessions.
Included in the materials:
1. A probe list of words in the initial position, /r/ blends and vocalic /r/ words. These words are reserved for baseline accuracy and quarterly progress reports.
2. A list of instructions and intervention tips to help you initiate the program
3. Two pages of syllable charts that help students generate consonant vowel (CV) and vowel consonant (VC) sound sequences for the target sounds
4. Two pages of target words in pictures to practice correct production in the context of words. Included are words that facilitate production of the correct sound.
5. Two pages of words with the targeted sound in sentences. One page is for younger readers and the other for older students. The sentences can also be read and repeated by the students.
6. Two pages of conversation starters that help generate connected speech.
7. A multiple-day Daily Data Log used to tally correct and incorrect responses in each linguistic context, to calculate accuracy levels and to document progress.
Minimize the time students are removed from their classroom by using this packet to conduct short (~10 minute) intensive therapy sessions, either with students on IEPs or with an RTI format.
Also available in my TpT store, Know Talking, is the companion packet for the /s/ sound.