This is a great activity for young learners.
This Mini-book is based on the Hans Christian Anderson story
"The Princess and the Pea" and consists of 7 pages (including a cover page).
* Line Type: Primary
Sometimes you don't have enough time to create mini-books from scratch, and lesson time may not permit. This mini-book is a convenient way to re-enforce or supplement your lessons.
You can use this mini-book how it suits you, but here is a lesson suggestion:
1. Read to the class, or the class reads together the original story.
2. Go over elements and characters, story line, etc. together. Ask students what they think of the book and their opinions.
3. Move onto the mini-book and have students recall the story and write it in their own words. The pictures are to be a guideline of the main story events that the students will remember and have ideas to write about on the lines.
4. Sometimes students would write the story a little differently or in a different tone from the original, which I thought was alright and even encouraged so they can flex their creative writing muscles. You can even have the students write their own version of the story!
5. Some other suggestions are to use each page as a character description or vocabulary words to fit the scene.
5. The main objective is to get kids to love literature, read, and use their writing to make stories their own and memorable.
* There are 2 versions of the mini-book. One is colored and one is black and white.
* You can print the file as-is, or print 2,4 pages on one sheet to make a smaller mini-book.
Thanks and happy teaching!
Looking for the Standard Lines Version? Click Here: