MiniBundle 1 - Word Problem Sentence Starter Frames for Multiplication and Division- sets 1 and 2
Please see the preview for the bundle.
Sample conversations heard around the room after students work on word problems created by their peers:
“Hey Cameron – I got the problem you made today. That was hard! Have you done mine yet?”
“Mrs. Shelley – can I try a challenge problem like Austin made?”
“This problem is just like mine except he had dogs.”
“5 more minutes? I’m not done! Please, please, please can we have ten?”
These seven versions of blank task cards challenge students, while providing gentle guidelines.
of CGI (Cognitively Guided Instruction) problems for multiplication/division are included. Each set has a slightly different background pattern and is coded with abbreviations (in parentheses).
Mini Bundle 1 Includes Two Sets of Task Cards
1. Equal Groups – whole unknown (EWU) A x B = N
2. Equal Groups – group size unknown (EGS) B = N x A or B ÷N=A
Included in the big-bundle:
3. Group size (container) unknown (EGSC) B = N x A or B ÷ N =A
4. Equal number of groups unknown (ENG) B = A x N or B ÷ A = N
5. Comparing – products unknown (CPU) A x B = N
6. Compare set size unknown (CSSU) B = N x A or B ÷ N = A
7. Compare Multiplier unknown (CMU) B = A x N or B ÷ A = N
Included in Each of the 7 Problem Types
• Sentence frames on regular sized task cards (4 to a page) with patterned background (which works well in printer friendly setting too).
• A foldable flap for students to hide their answers and the creators name on the back (or use a class list).
• Trading card size problems without discernable marks. This way the teacher may opt to mix division and multiplication and allow students to use critical thinking to decode.
• Full page size for teacher model.
• Completed sample problem.
• Bonus: Illustration page for story problems.
• 40 numbered cards and four without numbers.
Graphics by http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power
Updated 6/18/16 (please see the bundle for a complete list of updates)
All three popular sets are available in a bundle! Word Problem Sentence Stem Starter Frames for Multiplication and Division CGI
Your students might enjoy this set of Area and Perimeter task cards that is editable – just add you own students’ names to the color coded cards: Garden Area and Perimeter PERSONALIZED Task Cards
Or this bundle of CGI addition/subtraction sentence starters: Sentence Frames for CGI add and subtract
For the sets included in this series:
Mini Bundle 1 Mult/Div Frames
Mini Bundle 2 Mult/Div Frames
Mini Bundle 3 Mult/Div Frames
Big Bundle Mult/Div Frames
Thank you for visiting my store.