Minibeasts game resource which contains:
- Teacher's Notes
- 35 bingo cards labeled Card 1 to Card 35
- 30 different minibeasts call out cards
- 36 picture cards for a game of snap
- 36 picture cards with name labels which can also be used for snap
The pictures are photos of common invertebrates.
Preparation: Print onto card paper and laminate the bingo cards. Students use drywipe pens to cross out the pictures.
Laminate both sets of picture cards and cut out.
Print and laminate as many times as you like for the different activities.
1. You can play bingo as a whole class or students can play in smaller groups.
2. Students can play Snap!
3. Matching card game - Student can play with a buddy - Lay out, say, 10 matching cards face down on the table - students take turns to turn over a card. If two cards match, he or she keeps the cards. The student with the most matching cards wins.
Other uses: Create a minibeast word wall - reprint the call-out cards and picture cards for a wall display.
Sort into categories - Opportunities for children to sort minibeasts into categories, i.e. insects, arachnids, myriapods, crustaceans, coelenterates, echinoderms, molluscs and annelids.
Aim of the game(s) is to reinforce identification of minibeasts while having fun.
List of Minibeasts - ant aphid bee beetle butterfly caterpillar centipede cockroach crab dragonfly earwig lightning bug (firefly) fly grasshopper ladybug leech millipede mite mosquito moth octopus praying mantis silverfish slug snail spider wasp weevil woodlouse worm
Extra invertebrates on the picture cards: jellyfish, starfish, sea urchin, coral and lobster.
Hope your students have lots of fun.