Let your students have fun playing different minibeasts games plus learning their names at the same time.
This resource contains:
- Teacher's Notes
- 35 bingo cards labeled Card 1 to Card 35
- 30 minibeasts call out cards
- 36 picture cards for a game of snap
- 36 picture cards with names of the minibeasts
The pictures are photos of common invertebrates.
Preparation: Print onto cardstock and laminate the bingo cards, call out cards, and picture cards.
Print and laminate as many times as you like for the different activities.
You can edit the bingo boards and call out cards' font.
1. You can play bingo as a whole class or students can play in smaller groups.
2. Students can play Snap!
3. Matching pairs card game - Lay out, say, 10 matching cards face down on the table - players take turns to turn over two cards. If two cards match, he or she keeps the cards. If the cards do not match, they are replaced face down again. The student with the most matching cards is the winner.
Create a minibeast word wall - reprint the call-out cards and picture cards for a wall display.
Sort into categories activity - Opportunities for children to sort minibeasts into categories, i.e. insects, arachnids, myriapods, crustaceans, coelenterates, echinoderms, molluscs and annelids.
List of Minibeasts - ant aphid bee beetle butterfly caterpillar centipede cockroach crab cricket grasshopper dragonfly earwig lightning bug (firefly) fly grasshopper ladybug (ladybird) leech millipede mite mosquito moth octopus praying mantis silverfish slug snail spider wasp weevil woodlouse worm
Extra invertebrates on the picture cards: jellyfish, starfish, sea urchin, coral and lobster.
Hope your students have lots of fun.