This is a 4 page powerpoint that you can screenshare to work on minimal pairs.
1. Pull up the first slide in reading view and use it to introduce the idea of that one sound making a big difference in what the word means. Practice saying the two words a few times.
2. Then have the client circle the picture of the one you say, with your online pen.
3. Then have them say it and you circle the one you heard with your online pen. Did you circle the one they think they said?
4. Now do the same thing with pages one and two, using the pictures of the minimal pairs:
a. Introduction page: ring/wing
b. Page 2: rip/whip, run/one, rock/walk
c. Page 3: rest/west, rye/Y, red/wed
5. For another way to use minimal pairs, see my other TpT store named “Go Fish Blitz”. There you will find sets of articulation GO FISH cards to print, including these minimal pairs. This is a good option for homework or face to face therapy, or if you have a helper on the other end of the line who can play the game with the student and you can score responses as they play.