Products in this Bundle (5)
Do you struggle to get a high amount of practice trials while using minimal pairs therapy? Are you looking for an easy way to implement minimal pairs therapy in the therapy room AND for home practice with some no-prep worksheets?
If you like to use evidence-based resources, you'll love that the overall purpose of this packet is to help SLPs aim for 100 practice trials using minimal pair targets. Keeping track of number of practices in a session can be hard enough! Use the concept of keeping a tally as a way for YOU to track your trials, and for your students to set - and achieve - their goals in session. Straightforward instructions and a variety of worksheets encourage parents and teachers to complete these sheets.
Fronting, Stopping, Voicing, ‘S’ Cluster Reduction, and Gliding.
APPLICATION TO EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
This packet considers the following research:
- A in at least 30 sessions would be needed for the multiple oppositions and/or minimal pairs therapy approach to be effective (Williams, 2012).
- Children with more (such as 70 trials per session and 40 sessions) to facilitate change (Williams, 2012).
- in children (although some children may require more targets). Furthermore, this study elicited approximately 80–100 responses during each session (Elbert, Powell & Swartzlander, 1991).
TARGETS: This packet includes four sets of minimal pairs per page (meaning eight words), with the total goal to achieve 100 productions. If each pair is practiced 25 times across the session, your student has practiced the pair 100 times! There are TWO SETS of materials for most of the targeted sounds.
ACTIVITIES: There are four different activities for you to mix and match. and include tally sheets, tally counts, tally boxes, and tally strips. While students enjoy keeping tally scores themselves, an SLP or parent can track of the number of trials practiced. These can be used with dry-erase markers, mini erasers, trinkets, and other general reinforcers.
- Fronting Tally Sheets (48 pages)
- Stopping Tally Sheets (79 pages)
- Voicing Tally Sheets (65 pages)
- ‘S’ Cluster Reduction Tally Sheets (58 pages)
- Gliding Tally Sheets (33 pages)
- PLEASE LOOK at each individual resource if you would like more information about these
- Try my free download for deaffrication
What other SLPs are saying:
"Great for to get lots of trials and for sending home with parents."
"This was a with my kids! They love trying to get to 100 trials now. So easy to use and I love that I can send it home for extra practice!"
"My children actually and are eager to get to a hundred when they can see their achievements tallied up!"
"My caseload doesn’t allow for many 1:1 sessions, but with this product, I was able to do 20-25 repetitions of each minimal pair WITHIN my group of 3 kiddos!! 80-100 repetitions! Love this resource!!"
Do you need no-prep worksheets? Sign up for my newsletter to get access to my Freebie Library of goodies that's aimed at your speech sound caseload.
BROWSE more money-saving PHONOLOGY BUNDLES
Please get in touch if you have any further questions before you download it. I'm happy for you to reach out to me at email@example.com
Rebecca - Adventures in Speech Pathology
Discover more therapy ideas: