Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Also included in
- This highly requested Minimal Pairs Mega Bundle is for SLPs who want to:1. Understand the minimal pairs approach with a comprehensive evidence review.2. Implement minimal pairs using high quality cards, metaphors, and stories. It contains SEVEN resources in total: A comprehensive, 115 page Minimal P$127.50
Have you ever tried minimal pairs therapy for common phonological patterns and found that your students don't understand what you are asking them to do? What if you could read your student a story that explains their speech errors in a child-friendly manner (e.g., introducing the idea of "tail sounds" and "sound buddies"), and then pair it with visuals and concepts that you can use to cue your student throughout the therapy process.
DOWNLOAD this toolkit if you want to:
- Understand the steps in minimal pairs therapy
- Complete familiarization and auditory discrimination tasks in a print or digital format
- Get a list of multisensory activity ideas to help teach the concepts
- Have a set of high-quality minimal cards
- Use the print or digital stories to introduce the phonological cues
- Evidence-based information about minimal pairs therapy
This resource is intended to be the STARTING PLACE for minimal pairs therapy.
FIRST Introduce the concept (e.g., that there are “tail sounds” or “front and back sounds”) by reading the child-friendly stories and completing some of the hands-on learning activities.
NEXT By using the print or digital version, complete familiarization and auditory discrimination activities so that you students understand and can hear the difference between the pairs.
THEN Use these concepts as cues as you engage in drill-play games using the beautifully illustrated minimal pairs cards.
Phonological patterns included in this bundle:
- Fronting (uses “Front & Back Sounds” as cues)
- Final Consonant Deletion (uses “Tail Sounds” as cues)
- Stopping (uses “Long & Short Sounds” as cues)
- Gliding (uses “Running & Gliding Sounds” as cues)
- S’ Cluster Reduction (uses “Sound Buddies” as cues)
- Voicing (uses “Quiet & Noisy Sounds” as cues)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS PACKET?
✅ -- Evidence-based practice rationales and minimal pairs flowchart
✅ -- Multisensory activities to help support the phonological concept.
✅ -- Minimal pairs word lists
✅ -- Visual cue cards (in various sizes to fit on task boxes etc.)
✅ -- 584 minimal pairs cards in color + black and white
✅ -- A print and adigital copy of each story (e.g., “My Tail Sound Story” and “My Sound Buddy Story”) which introduces the metalinguistic concepts of the phonological rule you will be teaching.
✅ -- The digital version includes familiarization and auditory discrimination tasks
Feedback from SLP’s like you:
“I can't write a positive enough review for this resource! I use it with sooo many preschoolers on my caseload. The pictures are so appealing, and really help engage the students. The stories also are really helpful for introducing a new minimal pair for the first time. I love that this resource can be used both digitally and in person!”
“This resource is engaging, and changed how I view and target phonology with my speech therapy clients. I love how thoroughly the instructions and research are presented.”
“Amazing - I love the stories - it is such a great way to explain and introduce the concepts. Amazing to have the visuals for the minimal pairs!!”
“I love this bundle!! The phonology stories have been such an asset in therapy when starting to work on new processes with students. I have noticed that it really helps them to understand what we're working on and they've been super interactive.”
Please click on each product to view it individually
✅ -- Gliding
✅ -- Stopping
✅ -- Voicing
✅ -- Fronting
Rebecca Reinking is an SLP who works privately with children who have speech sound disorders. She has a particular interest in phonological interventions and strives to connect and collaborate with speech scientists to bridge the gap between research and clinical practice.
Watch my minimal pair videos on Instagram: @adventuresinspeechpathology
Learn more about phonological therapy and join my email list.
Send me an email: email@example.com