Use this listening map as part of a unit or as a stand alone lesson.
You will need a recording of "Minute Waltz" by Frederic Chopin.
This listening map includes two pages: the first page shows the form of the music via clip art images and the second page includes credits. There is no music that comes attached to the listening map.
Directions are not included. As music educators we strive to teach the music standards, but our true job is to create a sense of purpose with our young musicians. This purpose is to create and express without limitations. Your listening map can be used in any way you see fit for the success of you and your students. Some helpful hints are below in case you're wondering how to include this resource.
Here are some helpful hints when using this map in your classroom:
- Project on smart board & use as listening map for students to follow
- Print and use as a graphic organizer for students
- Assign movement to each section and use as reference when moving
- Dissect form with lower elementary music students
- Use as exit ticket for upper elementary music students
- Use as formative assessment on the concept "form"
- Print & send home for a fun "Check my Learning!" with families
- Quick substitute lesson or early finisher lesson during instruction