In this resource, students explore Herb Brooks' speech from the movie Miracle through a rhetorical analysis framework. Included in this resource are the following:
1) A dissecting the prompt activity
2) A chart for students to write annotations on the speech.
3) Sample annotations of the speech for the teacher and for the students (to use after the students have finished).
4) A rhetorical analysis prompt with the speech acting as the text.
5) An "analytical verbs list" students can use for annotating the speech and writing their analyses.
Interested in other resources for the AP Language and Composition classroom? The resources below might be of help!
5) The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass for AP Lang