During the last classroom makeover, I wanted to include an activity that encouraged self love and growth mindset. With that in mind, I created this #mirrortalk resource where students can select a prompt, like “I am enough”, and recite a motivational mantra to themselves in the mirror! There are 25 posters– all inspiring and empowering!
This resource includes:
- Teacher directions
- 25 growth mindset and self love posters
- Editable version of the posters to create your own
- Photo examples of the resource in action
Take a look at the directions below to incorporate this into your classroom, too.
- Print pages 3-52 double sided and in color. TIP: laminate them for durability purposes and use them year after year!
- Find a mirror to include in your classroom. It does not need to be expensive AT ALL. They have mirrors everywhere. TIP: I love shopping on Facebook Marketplace and Wayfair. You can find some incredible deals.
- If you want to use this resource, but not in the classroom, you could hang them in the bathroom at your school!
- Explain the concept to your students (this works for all grade levels).
- Students should face the mirror with the “I am” statement facing the mirror.
- On the back of the poster is a quote. Students should repeat the quote at least three (3) times while looking in the mirror to practice self-love and growth mindset.
- In the zip file, I created an editable version for you to create your own!
- BONUS ACTIVITY: Have students create their own and include it in your class set! You could easily turn this into a growth mindset activity or have students work in partners to create one for their peer as a team building exercise.
- Participate with your students & lead by example!!!
Here are some alternative ways to use this resource in your school.
- In your actual classroom. Find a mirror, print the poster, & foster self-love.
- In the student (or staff) bathrooms.
- In the staff lounge to grow a positive environment and team work.
Download the preview to see this resource in action!
Connect with Me
SuperHERO Teacher Blog
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Instagram
Find me on Pinterest
If you like this product, please leave feedback!