This Song and Activity Packet presents someone describing her best female and male friends. The goal is to assist students with the recognition and application of the differences in the use of nouns and adjectives, based on gender and quantity. Also, some uses and forms of CONOCER and SABER are incorporated in the content.
What's included in the bundle:
- an mp3 file with the song "Mis amigos son fantásticos""
- two printable Listening Comprehension Activities to be used as the students listen to the song. You can use both on the same day, a different one on different days for extra reinforcement and follow up, or if you teach more than one level, you may use one for one level and the other one for a different level
- a printable or projectable sheet with the song lyrics, so you and your students can sing along, and to use to check their work for one of the Listening Comprehension Activities
- a printable Cooperative Learning Activity, for students to work in pairs to apply and practice their knowledge of all of the topics listed below. The Cooperative Learning Activity focuses on using the knowledge in a meaningful way by speaking, writing, and listening to their peers. For added practice, an extra idea is for each pair of students to present a report to the class, using the already provided graphic organizer, to share their findings about each other in complete Spanish sentences.
GRAMMAR and VOCABULARY in context:
The song "Mis amigos son fantásticos" uses grammatical structures and vocabulary in complete Spanish sentences, to reinforce and deepen students' knowledge of:
* descriptive adjectives
* noun/adjective agreement
* difference in use of the verbs CONOCER and SABER
* leisure activities vocabulary
* interrogatives words
Ideas of use are:
- after presenting and developing the given topics.
- weeks or months after studying the topics, to motivate and / or activate prior knowledge.
- at the end of the school year to review and wrap up.