This misplaced and dangling modifiers bundle is part of a larger grammar bundle, the Often Confused Grammar Concepts Bundle.
You will save over 20% off with this grammar unit bundle.
Students often struggle to identify and correct misplaced modifiers, as well as dangling modifiers. Also - many questions on standardized tests (such as the ACT) focus on troublesome modifiers.
I created this presntation and accompanying activities to help my students for these reasons.
This bundle includes:
☆ A grammar power-point with 20 slides. They cover the definitions of misplaced and dangling modifiers and provide examples. Students are prompted to manipulate sentences and then correct misplaced and dangling modifiers.
☆ A note taking sheet for students as they watch the power point.
☆ A paragraph that needs corrections in several sentences. I have included two versions of this paragraph for differentiation. One version identifies the sentences with errors; the other version does not identify the sentences with errors.
☆ 3 worksheets, 20 practice sentences total.
- One worksheet covers misplaced modifiers.
- One worksheet covers dangling modifiers.
- One worksheet covers misplaced and dangling modifiers together.
☆ Answer key included. The powerpoint also includes speaker notes for the teacher. I use this bundle to help students understand the concepts of misplaced modifiers and dangling modifiers.
• Dangling Modifiers Task Cards
• Misplaced Modifiers Task Cards
• Common Writing Errors: Incomplete Sentences, Comma Placement, and More
• Common Writing Errors: Spelling and Punctuation Errors Task Cards