This literacy & math packet is filled with a lot of quick, easy & fun activities so you can use parts of it to teach a variety of standards, and still have plenty left over for a sub folder, binder or sub tub!
- "This is a HUGE resource for Miss Nelson! Not only for subs, but fantastic activities to go with the book for days and days and days."
- "Great packet for a sub. Plenty to do, plus some. Also appreciate that it covers many of my standards."
If you don’t have pre-done SUB PLANS, I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to take the time to make them now.
You will be thanking yourself a zillion times later, when an emergency arises or you or your own children are sick. This EASY PREP is a huge time saver.
- “Awesome.” “So easy to leave for a sub." "Very comprehensive unit!
- “Great resource.” “This packet made planning for my absence very easy. So much to work with!"
- “Life Saver!”
Whether you’re “eaten by sharks” or “carried off by aliens”, you’ll have the peace of mind that “Viola Swamp” or whoever else subs for you, has a super-fun & easy-to-follow lesson plan.
- “The students loved it!!!”
- "Amazing resource filled with TONS of fun activities!"
- "The students were highly engaged in the activities."
With that in mind, I designed the Miss Nelson is Missing literacy & math packet.
It’s loaded with a nice variety of reading, writing & math activities that your students will really enjoy doing.
There are also some classroom management goodies & a few little extras for making a sub tub, binder or folder. Everything’s centered around the story, but also works as well.
Simply pick & choose what’s appropriate for your kiddos.
Run things off, organizing them however best suits your schedule, then fill out your lesson plan for what you’ve done; include the book & you’re good to go!
Woo hoo! No more worries, no stress, no trying to think when your brain is elsewhere, or your body is ill. I did the work, so you don’t have to!
Using the materials I’ve provided & perhaps adding a few of your own ideas, you’ll have a sub tub, binder or folder that you can reuse every year!
- "My students LOVED these activities. I plan on using these every year in my classroom."
- "What an amazing resource! This activity pack has everything you need to leave for a relief teacher when you are away or to use alongside the book."
- pocket chart cards
- word cards
- puzzles, a variety of
- graphic organizers
- Venn diagrams
- several craftivities,
- 2 class-made books,
- inference & prediction activities;
- making connections: text to text, self & world activities,
- plus lots of writing prompts.
* The math activities review: numbers, skip counting by 2s, 3s, 5s & 10s, counting backwards, 2D shapes, addition & subtraction story problems, plus measurement.
- "This is a great unit. The lessons were engaging and easy to follow. I was able to use most of the activities when I had to plan for a week away. I certainly will use it again, and is a part of my sub tub."
- "Such a great resource! Contains so many different skills (comprehension, sequence, character traits) I LOVED IT!"
Be sure and click the PREVIEW to see lots of goodies that are included in this packet, plus a list of the content.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, & confident that you will LOVE the versatility of this super-fun, stress-busting packet.
- "I was in a panic mode the day before I knew I was going to be out, yet this resource saved the day. An abundance of resources to pick and choose from which will work for your class. I left these materials with my sub and the class absolutely loved it! I received a good report from the sub. Thank you!"
It’s one of my most useful & all-time favorites.
Wishing you the best year yet, filled with lots of memorable moments, and good health too!
- Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.