Miss Rumphius Book Companion and Spring | Earth Day Activities
What educators are saying
Miss Rumphius is one of my favorite picture books to read to my class during the spring months. It’s also a wonderful book to use in our Earth Day activities. This Miss Rumphius Literature Guide and included activities are a great way to get your students excited about critical thinking while exploring story details. With sequencing activities, sorting facts vs opinions, a character map, vocabulary activities, and more, your students will dig deep into the story of Miss Rumphius and her beautiful Lupines. This Miss Rumphius Literature Guide is a perfect addition to any Earth Day activities for elementary students in 2nd through 4th grade. A fun and easy way to connect this spring holiday or the spring season to important reading skills and standards. Get your hands on a copy of this amazing book and get ready for some really fun and engaging activities your students will love!
Be sure to check out the preview for examples of some of the amazing activities included in this Miss Rumphius Book Literature Guide!
Miss Rumphius Book Literature Guide includes:
• A pre-reading wondering about the book activity
• Making predictions activity using the cover of the book
• Comprehension questions
• Story Map
• Activity to examine important events in the story
• Examining cause and effect
• Several activities to summarize the story
• A sequencing activity
• Identifying the themes in the story activity
• Fact and Opinion Sort
• Compare and Contrast activity where students compare Miss Rumphius to her grandfather – 2 versions to differentiate
• Character map – 2 versions to differentiate
• Challenge vocabulary cards with matching definitions
• Vocabulary book where students draw a picture, write the definition and then write a sentence using the vocabulary word
• A book review
• 5 creative writing activities
• Miss Rumphius character foldable
• Parts of speech sorting activity using vocabulary from the story – great for a center
• Syllable sorting activity using vocabulary from the story – great for a center
• Making compound words activity
• I Can Make the World More Beautiful craftivity
• Painting Lupines art project
• All About Lupines Informational Text and activity
See What Other Teachers Are Saying…
- Amazing unit. I tied it into an environmental unit. We planted lupin seeds and we created recycling posters. It was so much fun!
- Lots of great hands-on activities to go with a wonderful book. Loved the included vocabulary words, and all of the activities that reviewed concepts that I've taught throughout the year!
- This resource is a unit that could last for about two weeks! It has everything you could ever want to have students be engaged in the text! It is a very awesome resource!! You will not be disappointed!
Looking for more fun and engaging literacy activities? Check out these awesome resources!
- Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch, Literature Guide, and Activities.
- Snowflake Bentley – A Winter-Themed Unit Integrating Literature and Science.
- Sarah Hale Saves Thanksgiving Literature Guide.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it, and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment on the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom to create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright © Keep ‘em Thinking!, Susan Morrow. This product is intended for classroom and personal use ONLY and may be used only by the original downloader. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. You may not distribute or display this product digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Keep 'em Thinking!
Connect with Me: