PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This fun centers activity is a great way to add engagement and variety to practicing the math skill missing addends (finding missing numbers in equations). This activity not only gets students kinesthetically involved and excited, but gives them a chance to check their own work and practice self-evaluation.
Lily pads cover up the addend in the problem and students write the number on their answer sheet to fill in the blank. For easy assessment, students can then lift up the lily pad to reveal the answer and check if they were right.
• 4 different levels of strips
(16 strips in each level for a total of 64 strips)
• 2 printing options for strips
(one with the missing addend to cover up, and one with the missing addend blank)
• 2 recording sheet options.
Set 1: problems within 5
Set 2: problems within 10
Set 3: problems within 15
Set 4: problems within 20
You can choose to laminate and make a center game or lasting activity by following the instructions below, or just print the second version of the strips for an easy fill in the blank activity.
1. Laminate and cut out strips and lily pads.
2. Punch holes in the corner of strips and attach with a ring.
3. Use sticky tack to stick lily pads over the addends.
4. Students use dry erase markers to write the answer over the lily pad, and then remove the lily pad to check and see if they are right. They record answers on recording sheet A or B.
Walk the Room Activity:
Print and hang strips around the room. Students “walk the room” with their recording sheet and fill in the answers.
**********Check out some of my other products!**********
• New products in my store are 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted! CLICK HERE to follow me so you don't miss any new products or sales.
• Did you know with each purchase you make, you can earn points towards free products on TPT? For each product you provide feedback for, you earn 1 TPT credit for each dollar it was worth. After you make a purchase, hover over "My TPT" and click "My Purchases". Click "Provide Feedback" by the green little thumb. After you provide feedback, you can check your TPT Credit Balance by hovering over "My TPT" and clicking "TPT Credit Balance". Such an awesome way to save some money! Happy shopping!