Give your students hundreds of algebraic equations to solve with the unknown number in all positions. This bundle includes three products:
Level 1: Adding and Subtracting within 20Level 2: Adding and Subtracting within 100Level 3: Adding and Subtracting within 1000
Be sure to check out the preview!
Each packet includes:
• FOUR sets of station numbers (30 numbers per set to be plugged into the 30 equations on each student page). Each set is provided in color AND black and white.
• FOUR student pages per set of station numbers: You will print each set of station numbers ONE time and be able to use it FOUR times. Each packet provides 480 algebraic equations to solve!
• Complete ANSWER KEYS for all student pages.
• TEACHER DIRECTIONS page to leave for a substitute – your math sub plans are written! ;)
*Do you need multiplication and division, too? You might prefer my COMPLETE BUNDLE
instead, which contains Levels 1 – 4: all the addition and subtraction levels above, plus an expanded multiplication and division packet that has SIX sets of station numbers and student pages.
How do these pages work?
Students will write each station number on the blank for that equation, then solve to find the value of the missing number. For example, for Set 1 station “A”, the station number is 7 and the equation in box A on page 1 reads “1 + ? = __.” The child will write a 7 on the blank so the equation reads “1 + ? = 7.” Next, the child will determine that the missing number is 6 (because 1 + 6 = 7) and will write “6” on the answer space.
Use these resource pages as stations, centers, task cards, scoot, daily warmups, or more:
• Scoot: place a station number on each student’s desk, then have students “scoot” to the next desk at your signal, record that station number, and solve the equation.
• Walkabout: place station numbers in a path around the classroom. Give each student his/her own paper (or allow children to work with partners!) and visit the stations in any order.
• Condensed walkabout: save yourself the cutting! Place the five pages of station numbers in different places and allow students to collect all six numbers on each page at a time, then sit somewhere else to solve.
• Math center: again, no cutting necessary. Place the five pages of station numbers (in sheet protectors?) in your math center with copies of the student papers.
• On-screen warmups: this time, save yourself the printing, too! Display one page of station numbers on your smartboard each morning. Children will take out their math paper, record those six station numbers, and solve those equations as their warmup.
Answer keys are included! You can use these papers as practice, assessment, homework, etc. and grade them yourself. But you can also:
• Check answers orally as a class or in small groups and have children discuss/explain their responses;
• Have students check with a partner: “If you both have the same answer, it’s probably right. If your answers are different, you have to figure out what the correct answer is!”
• Leave the answer key in a designated place for students to check their own work.
For more two-digit addition and subtraction:
Adding Two-Digit Numbers Using a Number Line Subtracting Two-Digit Numbers Using a Number LineAdding and Subtracting Two-Digit Numbers on a Number Line Adding and Subtracting Two-Digit Numbers on a Number Line BUNDLE Adding with Base Ten Blocks in Two Colors: Second Grade Common Core Two-Digit Addition and Subtraction Homework
You might also like these word problem
Reading for Math: Building Comprehension of Story Problems (word problems with sums and differences within 20) Math Story Problems: Two Digit Addition and Subtraction (word problems within 100) Choose Your Math: Two Step Word Problems (students can choose whether to use simple or complex numbers for each problem)