Give your students hundreds of basic facts multiplication and division equations to solve with the unknown number in all positions. Use these resource pages as stations, centers, task cards, scoot, daily warmups, or more!
This packet includes:
• SIX sets of station numbers (30 numbers per set to be plugged into the 30 equations on each student page). Each set is provided in color AND black and white.
• FOUR front-and-back student pages per set of station numbers (for a total of 24 two-sided student pages and 720 equations!): You will print each set of station numbers ONE time and be able to use it FOUR times.
• Complete ANSWER KEYS for all student pages.
• TEACHER DIRECTIONS page to leave for a substitute – your math sub plans are written! ;)
Students will write each station number on the blank for that equation, then solve to find the value of the missing number. For example, for Set 1 station “A”, the station number is 30 and the equation in box A on page 1 reads “___ = ? x 5.” The child will write 30 on the blank so the equation reads “30 = ? x 5.” Next, the child will determine that the missing number is 6 (because 30 = 6 x 5) and will write “6” on the answer space.
Suggestions for use:
• Scoot: place a station number on each student’s desk, then have students “scoot” to the next desk at your signal, record that station number, and solve the equation.
• Walkabout: place station numbers in a path around the classroom. Give each student his/her own paper (or allow children to work with partners!) and visit the stations in any order.
• Condensed walkabout: save yourself the cutting! Place the five pages of station numbers in different places and allow students to collect all six numbers on each page at a time, then sit somewhere else to solve.
• Math center: again, no cutting necessary. Place the five pages of station numbers (in sheet protectors?) in your math center with copies of the student papers.
• On-screen warmups: this time, save yourself the printing, too! Display one page of station numbers on your smartboard each morning. Children will take out their math paper, record those six station numbers, and solve those equations as their warmup.
Answer keys are included! You can use these papers as practice, assessment, homework, etc. and grade them yourself. But you can also:
• Check answers orally as a class or in small groups and have children discuss/explain their responses;
• Have students check with a partner: “If you both have the same answer, it’s probably right. If your answers are different, you have to figure out what the correct answer is!”
• Leave the answer key in a designated place for students to check their own work.
This packet is Level 4, Multiplying and Dividing within 100. Also look for:
• Level 1: Adding and Subtracting within 20
• Level 2: Adding and Subtracting within 100
• Level 3: Adding and Subtracting within 1000
• BUNDLE: Levels 1-4 (coming soon!)
• SECOND GRADE BUNDLE: Levels 1-3 (coming soon!)
For more multiplication and division:
SAM: Subtract, Add, Multiply Basic Facts Game: your students can improve their number sense AND game strategy at the same time! Skip Counting Multiples Puzzles
You might also like these word problem
Reading for Math: Building Comprehension of Story Problems (word problems with sums and differences within 20) Math Story Problems: Two Digit Addition and Subtraction (word problems within 100) Choose Your Math: Two Step Word Problems (students can choose whether to use simple or complex numbers for each problem)