Mister Rabbit with his adorable long ears presents the new rhythm concept of tam-ti and reinforces a familiar rhythm syncopa to your elementary music students in this popular African-American Spiritual. Created in SMART NOTEBOOK, this lesson gives you the tools to present what can be somewhat of an abstract concept to your students. You will receive the follow with your purchase.
1. A lyrics slide.
2. A heartbeat bunny icon tapping chart.
3. A rhythm bunny icon reading/tapping chart with the actual rhythm notation secretly waiting to be revealed with just a magic touch of a finger. Directions are included for this.
4. Reading the song from the staff with melodic/rhythmic notation (cute bunnies are used as the notation) drawing attention to areas where the new rhythm is used. The new rhythm at this point has still not actually been "named" yet.
5. A slide in which the new mystery rhythm is finally revealed and it's name is presented to the students.
6. Same as item #4 but the notation is "real" notation with note heads instead of bunnies.
7. A fun activity where students are given various rhythm exercises to read which include the new tam-ti rhythm. Suggestions are included on various ways to use this activity.
This lesson is also available in POWER-POINT format if you do not have access to SMART NOTEBOOK and is also included in a Spring Bunny BUNDLE Kit. the kit is available in both formats as well.
Come follow and/or subscribe to my blog at.... Mrs. Kuchta's Corner, An Elementary Music Wonderland!
Check out and “like” my FACEBOOK page too at… FACEBOOK PAGE - Mrs. Kuchta's Corner Elementary Music Wonderland
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License